Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I got my parts!

So on April 2nd, Lynn and I drove to Youngstown to get our engine parts.  I got new pulleys, clutch, spark plugs, spark plug wires, pistons, cylinders, rings, push rod tubes, clutch, and heads.  Plus all the necessary gaskets.  So here is a picture of my engine as it sits now.  Ugly Dirty Greasy Broken. I have not yet started working on the motor.  I have had all the nice new parts sitting here waiting for me.  Last week I worked everyday, and we went to Hoopla In the Hills.  A music festival in Athens Ohio.  So we were getting ready to camp, and never got anything done.  So we came home from the festival, and cleaned out the car.  Monday consisted of setting the parts out so they looked awesome, and were ready for me to start the rebuilding of the engine.  Here they are.

 I plan to degrease the block today, and if everything goes smoothly, have a motor this evening.  I would really really like to start and tune the bus.  No driving yet, Still need brakes and shocks.  So with fingers crossed I will be building my beautiful new engine.  Wish me luck.  I will post up a picture of my work later this afternoon.
 






                         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment