Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Slowly But Surely

Sorry about the huge gap in posts.  I have been slowly getting things done.  My family was here for the weekend and I picked up a box of sheet metal cooling parts for the engine.  It was gifted to me by another Vw enthusiast, so I picked through this pile.
I did not need nearly as much as I thought.  I re posted these on Craigslist locally for anyone that needs them totally free.  I used 2 or 3 of the sheet metal pieces, and cut a tab off of another.  I then went about scrubbing with a toothbrush, and some degreaser these tin parts.  I let them sit in the sun to dry, and sprayed them with a flat black high temperature engine spray paint.  I am super excited.  I think they look fantastic, and I can not wait to see how the motor looks in the freshly white painted engine bay!  Here is a shot of a few sheet metal parts painted.  The largest one is not painted, notice the difference.  It looks clean.  I am happy with clean.  You will understand as I get further.  
So you get the idea, this main piece here is how it looked before painting.  Just old and rough.  The rest is painted with flat black. It is not perfect, but it is matching.  Below is the large piece pictured above, however painted.
I LOVE IT!  I see a problem brewing, all this pretty stuff is going to make the dirty old stuff look even worse! Now I have all the sheet metal cooling parts I think.  Just have to finish the motor to install tin.

1 comment:

  1. looks great Babe have fun doing the rebuild. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete