Thursday, April 11, 2013

Motor Building

I did not finish my engine yet.  On Tuesday I got the old pistons and cylinders off, cleaned the cylinder gaskets, because they are made of metal and I can reuse them.  I started cleaning and wiping down the engine block.  It was a complete mess, grease and grime and years of sludge from oil leaks and who knows what else.  The engine is as far torn down as I will take it at this moment I think.  I am not totally certain.  I have been having this nightmare lately.  When I get the bus done we go for the maiden voyage only to be towed home.  It is a concern of mine obviously that parts I have not checked for damage and or replaced in the bottom of the engine could fail causing me time and money to fix.  I do not want to pull the engine later to rebuild again!  It is a minor concern of mine at the moment.  I am pretty sure Ruby will be so pleased with the freshly rebuilt top end, New brakes, tires, shocks, floors, owners and puppy that nothing will ever go wrong again.  Plus I found that bad luck white lighter and sent it away.  This weekend my brother and sister are visiting.  Hopefully we can find the time to get a few things done.  I am taking it slow with the motor making certain I get everything together properly and I personally do not mess up any important parts along the way.  I should have the motor together by the time they get here.  Maybe we will put it back in.  I guess we will see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment